If you are interested in signing your student(s) up for the bus, you will need to come into either front office to pick up the registration packet. Payment must accompany registration. Cash or check can be paid to the front offices, and debit/credit card payments can be submitted online at www.choiceacademiespayonline.org.
Bus Route Information
(Notification of Construction for the I-17 at Pinnacle Peak Ave and Happy Valley: if there are any modifications of the bus route due to construction, it will be communicated.)
Morning pick-up schedule Monday-Friday:
6:20 am NE corner of 51st and Bell (Bruster’s Ice Cream)
6:40 am Walmart (in front of store) 4435 West Anthem Way
6:50 am Daisy Mountain Road behind the Circle K in the Park and Ride.
6:55 am Canotia Place East of North Valley Parkway by the Tramonto Cleaners
7:00 am North Valley Parkway and West Crimson Terrace
7:10 am North Valley Parkway and West Casino Avenue
7:15 am 23rd Ave at the Aspire Apartments
7:25 am 31st Ave. and Yorkshire (Facing South West Side Pickup)
7:35 am Arrives at 2323 W. Parkside Lane Campus
Afternoon drop-off schedule Monday-Friday:
3:15 pm Leaves 2323 W. Parkside Lane Campus
3:25 pm 23rd Ave at the Aspire Apartments
3:35 pm North Valley Parkway at CVS
3:40 pm North Valley Parkway and West Casino Avenue
3:45 pm North Valley Parkway and West Crimson Terrace
3:55 pm Canotia Place and North 32nd Drive, northwest corner
4:00 pm Daisy Mountain Road behind the Circle K in the Park and Ride
4:05 pm On North Vision Way, 100 feet south of Anthem Way
4:25 pm Yorkshire and 31st Ave.
4:40 pm NE corner of 51st and Bell (Bruster’s Ice Cream)
Afternoon drop-off schedule for Fridays and Early Release Days:
12:15 pm Leaves 2323 W. Parkside Lane Campus
12:20 pm 23rd Ave at the Aspire Apartments
12:30 pm North Valley Parkway at CVS
12:35 pm North Valley Parkway and West Casino Avenue
12:40 pm North Valley Parkway and West Crimson Terrace
12:50 pm Canotia Place and North 32nd Drive, northwest corner
12:55 pm Daisy Mountain Road behind the Circle K in the Park and Ride
1:05 pm On North Vision Way, 100 feet south of Anthem Way
1:35 pm Yorkshire and 31st Ave.
1:50 pm NE corner of 51st and Bell (Bruster’s Ice Cream)
Please make sure your child is at the bus stop at least 5 minutes prior to the scheduled time. If you have any questions, please contact Donna Maddox at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-938-5517 ext. 105.
Paying for the Bus
$300.00 per semester per student
$120.00 deposit due by 8/3/2020
$180.00 balance due by 9/11/2020
$120.00 deposit due by 12/31/2020
$180.00 balance due by 1/29/2021
- Payments can be made by cash or check at any receptionist desk or on line at www.choiceacademiespayonline.org.
- ID cards for JPHS students and bus passes for main campus students will be required to ride the bus.
- Preschool students are not permitted on the bus.
- There is no scholarship for bus service.
- On Fridays the bus will leave the main campus for JP early dismissal students at 12:00 pm. The bus will return at 3:00 pm and provide service home.
- When all schools have a half day, bus service will be provided for 12:00 pm only.
The following are guidelines to help you and your child understand what will be expected while we transport to and from the bus stop and school.
- Bus Stop Pick Up: Your child is expected to be at the bus stop at least 5 minutes before the scheduled pick up time. Once the bus driver deactivates the stop arm and starts moving the bus, the bus cannot stop. Also, the driver cannot wait for missing students that may be running late as other stops are expecting the bus to be on time for their pickup. It is an important life lesson in preparing your child to be on time when they enter the workforce, etc.
- No eating, taking medications, suckers, chewing gum, nor any drinks except water are permitted on the bus. Your child needs to finish his or her breakfast before getting to the bus stop in the morning, and all snacks need to be kept in backpacks and carry-ons.
No glass is allowed on the bus at any time!
Riding the school bus is a privilege and continually disobeying the rules of the bus can lead to a period of suspension or total expulsion depending on the severity of the infraction.
A bus agreement must be on file with the Business Department for each child participating in the bus service. If you have any questions regarding the bus please email Donna Maddox at email@example.com or by phone at 602-938-5517 ext. 105.
Rules of the Bus:
1. Following directions immediately when asked
2. Stay in your seat
3. Keep all parts of your body inside the bus
4. Talk quietly and keep hands to yourself
5. No eating or drinking, except water
6. No profanity or vulgar language
7. Cell phones are limited to pre-boarding and post departure
State Law Forbids the Following Items be Brought on the Bus:
1. Dangerous items/weapons (real or toy)
5. Tobacco or any sparking devices
6. Plants, dirt, or any growing objects
7. Oversized objects that cannot fit safely in the seat with the students (instruments, etc.)
8. Skate boards, baseball bats
9. Distractive electronic devices (hand-held games, cd players, etc.)
10. Any item which cannot be transported easily or may create a safety concern
- 1st offense: Warning – student/driver conference
- 2nd offense: Suspension of bus privileges for two days, student/driver/parent & administrator
- 3rd offense: Suspension of bus privileges for five days, student/driver/parent & administrator
- 4th offense: Suspension of bus privileges for the remainder of the school year
Consequences for Severe Offense – No Warning – Direct Referral
- Disrespect to driver
- Indecent Exposure
- Profanity or Vulgar Language
- Possession of Drugs or Alcohol